D: Fresh-picked strawberries, still warm from the sun.
D: You were going to ask me what I considered to be the sweetest thing, were you not?
A: Uh, no.
A: Although, that is lovely, and I do agree that sun-warmed ripe strawberries are pretty sweet, this is just as:
D: I think my teeth just fell out.
A: Dental concerns from the 1300 year-old?
D: Oi, these are all my own teeth!
A: . . .
D: Okay, that one isn’t, but it was knocked out in a particularly nasty confrontation that I’d rather not discuss right now.
A: Um. . . Can we get back to being super sweet?
A: Thank you. Now, to the rules:
- Thank the Super Sweet Blogger that nominated you.
- Answer the five super sweet questions (below).
- Include the Super Sweet Blogging Award in your blog post (above).
- Nominate a baker’s dozen (13) other bloggers.
- Notify your nominees on their blog.
First, D and I want to send out a huge thank you to Jess at Waiting on a Word for nominating us for the Super Sweet Blog Award. I have really been enjoying her posts and she has a sense of humor and turn of phrase that really tickles my funny bone.
D: Wait, I get to answer, right? This isn’t going to be all about you again, is it?
A: (Eye roll) You get to answer too, D. . . Don’t clap, D; You’re 1300 years old.
D: All the more reason to clap, A.
Cookies or Cake?
A: Cookies if they’re just gluten free, but cake if it’s the whole-paleo-hog and grain free (coconut flour cookies are just not the same).
D: I have none of these restrictions and would like both, but I’ll settle for cake.
Chocolate or Vanilla?
D&A: Chocolate! At least we can agree on something.
Favorite sweet treat?
A: Dark chocolate salted caramel truffles.
D: See strawberries, above. See A, I knew it.
A: Did your druid-spidey senses tell you that?
D: I know you’re mocking me, and ruining the English language, but I don’t care. Yes.
When do you crave sweets the most:
A: All the time. Usually at 4/5 when I get home from work and I’m faced with the onslaught of child, cats and things needing to be done.
D: Actually never. I’m more of a savory fellow. Plus, the early dark-ages weren’t exactly rife with sweet-treats.
A: Sweetie or sweetheart. My mom also calls me Katemagerk (the spelling is phonetic; I’ve never seen it written out) but I think that’s more odd than sweet.
D: Can I go with sweetie? Please?
A: Really? You didn’t have a Pictish pet-name? Certainly your mother or Mairead had a name for you.
D: I don’t want to talk about that.
A: Can I call you sweetie-pie?
A: Stud muffin?
A: How about my little Jammie Dodger?
D: Now you’re just being ridiculous.
A: I know. But at least now you’re smiling!
Our nominees. . .
A: We’re actually going to wait until the end of the post for that because . . . (Drum roll, please):
D: What is that?
A: A Wonderful Team Member Award. You know – a team, working together? Wait, what am I thinking? I am talking to the lone druid, the dark master of time and fate. You work with no one; you stick to the shadows, manipulate men’s lives and above all, are alone.
D: I think you’re mocking me. Again.
A: (Snerk). Sorry . . . mostly. Okay, okay – you are working with me now, and I do recall a few team efforts in your storyline.
D: Gee, A, how kind of you to remember.
A: Oh, D, cheer up. We were nominated. People appreciate us, and they’re part of our team just as they – and you – are part of mine. Again, the rules are simple:
- The Nominee of the Wonderful Team member Readership Award shall display the logo on his/her blog.
- The Nominee shall nominate 14 readers they appreciate over a period of 7 days, all at once or little by little.
- The Nominee shall name his/her Wonderful Team Member Readership Award nominees on a post or on posts during 7 days.
The man with some of the most beautiful thoughts I’ve read, Mohamed at Dawn of Thoughts nominated us for this award and we are honored.
D&A: Thank you, Mohamed!
A: Now, this is where I flout the rules—
D: (Surprise, surprise.)
A: As I was saying, thanks to these two awards, I have a total of 27 bloggers to appreciate. I couldn’t decide who should be nominated for each award, so I am nominating all 27 for both/either. Whichever award they want or have yet to receive, they can consider themselves nominated. If they don’t wish to be nominated at all, that’s perfect too, because I really just want the opportunity to list those people who have either made me smile, been utterly charming/honest/raw/beautiful/informative or simply fabulous. Here we go:
- Tammy Salyer/Alternative Reality Engineer http://tammysalyer.wordpress.com/about/
- Andra/The Accidental Cootchie http://andrawatkins.com/about-andra-watkins/
- Charles/Legends of Windemere http://legendsofwindemere.com/about/
- C.N. Faust http://cnfaust.wordpress.com/about-the-author/
- Comfortably Numb/Beth http://comfortablynumb7.wordpress.com/about/
- Green Embers/Bradley Corbett http://greenembers.wordpress.com/about/
- Scott Barr/Human Writes http://coyotero2112.wordpress.com/about-scott-barr/
- Ionia/Readful Things Blog http://readfulthingsblog.com/about/
- Isabella Stines http://isabellastines.wordpress.com/about/
- Jess/Waiting on a Word http://waitingonaword.wordpress.com/about/
- John W. Howell/Fiction Favorites http://johnwhowell.com/about/
- Julian Froment’s Blog http://julianfroment.wordpress.com/about/
- Kira/Wrestling Life http://wrestling-life.com/about/
- Jae Dansie/Lit and Scribbles http://litandscribbles.wordpress.com/about/
- Liz Blackmore/Little Box of Books – http://littleboxofbooks.wordpress.com/
- Michael Bradley – Time Traveler http://mbtimetraveler.com/about/
- Mohamed/Dawn of Thoughts http://moossama88.wordpress.com/about/
- Mrs Carlie Lee/Diary of a Country Housewife http://mrscarlielee.wordpress.com/about/
- Pamela Beckford/Year ‘Round Thanksgiving Project http://pamela984.wordpress.com/about/
- Patty/Petite Magique http://petitemagique.wordpress.com/about/
- Sreejit Poole/The Seeker’s Dungeon http://theseekersdungeon.com/
- Sue Vincent/Daily Echo http://scvincent.com/about/
- The Eye-Dancers http://eyedancers.wordpress.com/about/
- Charlotte Carrendar/Charlotte’s Web http://charlottecarrendar.com/about/
- Chris The Story Reading Ape http://thestoryreadingapeblog.com/about/
- Tamara/TIPPR Blog http://tipprblog.com/
And last but certainly not least, the Community Storyboard, which I understand has had its first posts!! Yay – congratulations!
I don’t always have the opportunity to visit your blogs and comment – I’m still learning my way around the blogosphere, and the focus thing is sometimes lacking! But know I have learned something, gained a smile, been fascinated by or simply felt moved by something all of you have written. You’re all sweet, wonderful, charming and kind. I can’t imagine blogging without you.
D: And while A uses that “I” word an awful lot, I’d also like to extend my thanks. I would have no outlet, and no voice if no one visited or gave her an excuse not to be “A” all the time. Cheers.
A: Well said, D.
D: I have my moments.
24 thoughts on “The sweetest thing”
AW shucks! Thanks so much, Katie!
🙂 I realized that many people are inundated with the award system, so I really just wanted a way to say thank you. I enjoy your posts and your style (plus I learn – extra bonus)!
Wow! Thank you so much, Katie, for the nomination! 😀
You are welcome 🙂 Just wanted to show some appreciation to those who take the time to read this goofy blog in the whole 41 days I’ve been on here!!
You were the first one to really show some support towards my blog. And I really appreciate that! Your blog is so entertaining! 🙂
Quick question: After we nominate who we want to give the Sweet blog award to, do we pick a “winner” of who gets the award?
From what I understand it’s all just nominations – the gift that keeps on giving, so to speak (or a really big chain letter). It can be daunting. In being nominated, we’re all winners, perhaps. I look at it as a way to highlight other bloggers and help drive traffic. I’ve found some really interesting blogs just by clicking on the links of people who have been nominated by someone I follow.
Awesome! Thanks again, Katie!
This was a delight!:) And thanks for the nominations!
Good one !! New to this and i must admit i quite love the support, who knows i might just complete my MS and get published !!
Thank you! I know, the support is incredible. I’ve had the same glimmer of: ‘Oh, I can really do this! ‘ Thank you for reading!
Super sweet post, loved the dialogue, and a well deserved award 🙂
Many thanks for the sweet words and nomination! 😀
Thank *you*! 🙂
Congratulations!!! And thank you so much for the award 🙂
You’re welcome – you and Ionia are probably the most prolific ladies I’ve come across. You guys are great!
Awwww…thanks! Ionia is amazing. Love, love her new blog! Congrats again RCC sister!
🙂 Thank you!
Loved “hearing” the conversation! You’re welcome, thanks for the kind words and the nomination!
Thank you, Jess – and thank you very much for the nomination.
Congratz! Loved the dialogue! 🙂
Thanks for the nomination, I will do a post soon!
Hugz to you!
Thank you! No pressure on posting – I just wanted you, and everyone, to know how much I appreciate the community of support. You are great! 🙂
Comments are closed.