Changelings: Into the Mist
Available now on Amazon in Print and Digital!
Changelings. They were the descendants of Man and Fae. They walked between worlds – as healers, mystics, even kings – but no more. He thought he was the last – alone, and lost – until the day he saw them.
Irish teens Maureen O’Malley and Sean McAndrew are lost in time. It was the vision of the warrior, shrouded in mist, that did it. Maureen just had to investigate, and now they’re stuck in 1584, on a pirate ship captained by notorious local legend, Grace O’Malley.
Careening between swordfights on the high seas and a city on the brink of a bloody uprising three centuries later, the only way home is to confront a myth, and he – Faerie king, Nuada Silver Arm – would rather the last of the Changelings remain lost to time forever.
As the shadows rise, and the king’s insidious whispers drive Maureen and Sean apart, they turn to the one man who can help them, the warrior in the mist. The only Changeling Nuada could not break, Dubh an Súile will do all he can to protect the last of his kind, yet, even he may be too late to stop the king from rekindling a centuries-old war that threatens the very fabric of time.
Changelings: Into the Mist is a young adult historical fantasy novel is now available on Amazon.
Read about it on GoodReads.
World Builders: Part of the Changelings Compendium
The Ballad of Dubhshìth and Mairead
The Race: A stand-alone short story from Changelings: Into the Mist.
Changelings: Into the Storm (Book 2) Sneak Peek
From the Blog
The Heresy of Before: 100 years from now, what is left of the world’s free men pits itself against those who would presume to rule them
- My Sweet Child (Link takes you to The Community Storyboard)
- The Song (Link takes you to The Community Storyboard)
- Zoned: A Setting
- Spirit Keeper – A Heresy of Before mystery. Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3
A Date with A Druid: A and Marie Ann Bailey joined forces to give their characters a night on the town. This was the result!
My Name is D: What if D was not a figment of A’s imagination? What if he was a con on the run, and A just happened to be the bounty hunter tasked with bringing him in?
- Part 1: My Name is D
- Part 2: You Ain’t Seen Nothin’ Like A
- Part 3: Jackpot
- Part 4: Just Like a Spider
Other Stories: Flash fiction, most in response to The Literary Syndicate’s weekly challenge.
The Community Storyboard
Ionia Martin, of Readful Things Blog, developed the Community Storyboard, and it is there that many of these stories have a home. The Storyboard features several talented writers and we encourage you to visit often.
Short Stories/Flash Fiction
The House at Carrick Close: A spectral flutter at the window proves to Kate that her transatlantic move just got a lot better.
Claude, A Story in Four Paws: The life of Claude, the 3-legged pug.
The Adventures of Squirrel Commandant Rodrigo
The Adventures of The Kid
Fairy Tales and Other Worlds
- Headless, An American Fairy Tale: A retelling of the Headless Horseman.
- Sweet Dreams: Sometimes other worlds call to us when we sleep.
- A Fairy’s Kiss: What do you see?
- Bald Junction, Population: 0: A spooky Old West ghost town claims another resident.
- A Pearl For Emily: Finding love eternal in the ocean depths.
- Tapestry of Pain: Horror
Love: Love found and love lost.
- My Dearest Love: Love that defies time, distance and death during the American Civil War.
- Being There: A bittersweet goodbye.
- Yesterday: Who decides when love is over?
Just for fun: Superheroes, skinny dipping grannies and more!
- The Dip
- Super Duper
- The Stranger’s Hot Rod
- McMurphy’s Mystery: The Little Box
- McMurphy’s Mystery: Fast Times at Divine Savior Holy Angels High
Fun at the Movies: Tongue-in-Cheek stories in the spirit of some of my favorite movies
2 thoughts on “My Work”